Brought to you by:
How do I know when to consider government assistance programs for a child on the autistic spectrum? What programs are available? What do I need to do to qualify?
in Parenting Autists by

Your answer

.Please let us know your experience for answering on this site, ie. parent of autists, professional, I'm an Aspie, etc
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.

1 Answer

Taking care of a child diagnosed with autism can be expensive.  The doctor visits, therapy sessions, and early interventions can add up and put a toll on the family.  There is government help to assist with the cost of these interventions.  Medicaid can also alleviate some of the financial burdens placed on families.  Some private as well as non-profit agencies may also offer scholarships to help cover the costs of care.  Check into what is available in your own area to see what options are yours.
38 questions
36 answers
143,834 users